- New bedrock discovery with no previous work recorded in the area.
- Discovery of the Big Show Zone: a large en echelon quartz vein system that has been traced over 1000 by 350 metres in bedrock and remains open in all directions.
- Situated within the regional Pootlass High Strain Zone, a corridor of brittle and ductile deformation, approximately 2 km wide and up to 30 km long.
- The Goldstandard property remains largely unexplored providing for excellent additional discovery potential.
- Quartz veins assayed up to 1.57 grams per tonne gold in grab samples and 0.53 grams per tonne gold from a two-metre chip sample (link to image).
- Widespread, unexplored newly exposed outcrop do to glacial and snow pack abatement provides for strong discovery potential.
- Geological mapping, prospecting, channel sampling, and an alteration study is recommended to outline the full extent of the Big Show Zone and to delineate drill targets.
The Goldstandard Property is situated approximately five kilometers north of Bella Coola, BC (link to map). The property covers 690 hectares with close access to infrastructure. The Goldstandard property was generated and prospected as part of a reconnaissance exploration program and was staked based on positive results that yielded up to 1.57 grams per tonne gold in grab samples. This included the original discovery of the Big Show zone where multiple sheeted, oxidized, sulphide-bearing quartz veins were discovered over a 1000 by 350 metres zone. Individual vein widths reach up to three meters (link toimage), are oxidized with local disseminations of pyrite, and in places traceable in outcrop for up to thirty meters along strike. Of the veins sample within the Big Show Zone thus far, two contained gold mineralization.
Goldstandard is situated in the Pootlass High Strain Zone, a corridor of brittle and ductile deformation, approximately two kilometres wide and up to thirty kilometres long, that is proximal to the boundary between the Intermontane and Insular superterranes, which is demarked by the Coast Shear Zone. This structural corridor is characterized on the property by several prominent topographical lineaments that trend northwest. In the Big Show Zone, veins form en echelon to two encompassing topographical lineaments and maybe part of a larger scale Riedel shear system. Prolonged faulting and shearing focused within this structural corridor, that transects the Goldstandard Property, provided extensive conduits for mineralizing fluids and favourable sites for mineralization.
Based on positive results from brief first pass exploration on the Goldstandard property a follow-up exploration program consisting of comprehensive prospecting, preliminary mapping, and systematic reconnaissance geochemical sampling is recommended to fully evaluate the gold potential at the Goldstandard property. The property is in an alpine area with abundant exposure and is located only five kilometres from Bella Coola, BC which allows for cost effective exploration.
Dr. Stefan Kruse. P.Geo., Chief Consulting Geologist stated:
“The geological setting and favourable structural trends of the Goldstandard property are extremely prospective. We look forward to the results of an extensive follow-up program in 2018.”
Direct News Release form Juggernaut Exploration Ltd.