- This event has passed.
Comminution of Minerals, Freiberg, Germany
September 26, 2018 @ 8:00 am - September 27, 2018 @ 5:00 pmEuro1304
EIT RawMaterials – Regional Center Freiberg
In the seminar “Comminution of Minerals” you will learn about the principles of comminution, how to apply these for the selection of crushing and grinding equipment, and how to optimize existing grinding circuits in order to increase product yield along with low specific production costs
The course has the following objectives and outcomes:
- material characterization in crushing and grinding circuits
- understanding and influencing the fracture behavior in comminution processes
- basic knowledge of machinery selection: application, design, working principles, and basic engineering of the different types of crushers and mills in mineral processing
- process related know how: design, evaluation, and optimization of crushing and grinding circuits
- Module 1: Characterization of disperse systems
- Module 2: Breakage fundamentals
- Module 3: Equipment
- Module 4: Crushing and grinding circuits
The course is combining both classroom lectures as well as lab visits.