Based in Sudbury, Ontario, Transition Metals (XTM-TSX.V) is a growing Canadian mineral exploration corporation dedicated to its value-added strategy of advancing mineral properties through dedicated exploration and innovative techniques. The strength of the Company is the ability of its people to recognize prospective geologic settings, generate quality projects and finance their development through self or partner funding.
Transition Metals Corp. Mission Statement
To create significant shareholder and stakeholder value by acquiring and developing a portfolio of high-quality mineral deposits through technology based, systematic exploration for ore discovery.
Multi-Commodity, District Scale Project Opportunities in Canada
The Company has developed a high-quality portfolio of early to mid stage exploration projects. The Company focusses on identifying district scale opportunities and has developed a broad portfolio of projects targeting Gold, Ni-Cu-PGM, and base metals with a focus in Ontario, Saskatchewan, and the Yukon.
Leveraging Partner Funding to Advance Non-Core Projects
The Company internally funds exploration on its best projects. Ownership interest and expertise in other projects developed by the Company is leveraged to attract strategic partners who provide funding to advance exploration. Funding to advance non-core projects comes from partners that receive an interest in a project in exchange for cash payments, exploration expenditures, royalties, and shares. This process minimizes Transition Metals’ equity dilution by selling interest in the projects rather than ownership in the Company. This business model allows the Company to self-fund and advance its core projects from the cash and securities it receives from partners. Key partners include Impala Platinum, SPC Nickel, Canadian Gold Miner and Gowest Gold.
Key Projects & Locations
Maude Lake Property
(Ni-Cu-Co-PGM) – Large Emerging High Tenor Ni-Cu-PGM System in Ontario
- Emerging large, high tenor Ni Cu Co PGM magmatic sulphide system located 10 km north of Schreiber, Ontario.
- Historical drilling in the 1960’s outlined a 185,000 t non 43 101 compliant resource grading 0.49%Ni, 0.26% Cu.
- Grab and channel sampling returned up to 6.23 % Ni, 0.719 % Cu, 0.085 % Co and 1.042 g/t PGM Pt+Pd+Au.
- Magnetic/EM survey completed by Transition highlights new conductive features.
- Recent drilling has intersected a large semi-continuous zone magmatic sulphides accumulating near base of large gabbroic intrusion including 20.01 metres averaging 0.5 % Ni Eq, including 4.00 metres averaging 0.9 % Ni Eq with large off-hole conductivity target.
(Au-Ag-Cu) Emerging Epithermal Au-Ag/Porphyry Copper System near Whitehorse
- Geological setting and mineralization and alteration has characteristic of Large Epithermal Gold-Silver and/or Porphyry Copper systems found throughout the cordilleran associated with one of Canada’s largest extinct volcanic complexes.
- Work to date has led to the discovery of multiple zones of high-grade gold, silver, copper, and lead mineralization.
- 2022 sampling of outcrop and scree returned values up to 11.8 g/t Au, 1,215 g/t Ag, 5.11% Cu, and >20% Pb.
- Transition retains option to earn a 100% interest in a 37 square kilometre property located near the border of Yukon and British Columbia located approximately 70 kilometres southwest of Whitehorse.
- Award winning prospect highlighted through a contest held at the PDAC in 2020.
Transition Metals also has available a multiple of projects for joint venture, acquisition, or optioning in its portfolio including gold, silver, copper, Cobalt, PGM, Nickel, Zinc, in Newfoundland, Nova Scotia, Ontario, and Saskatchewan.
Active Partner Spinout Companies
(Ni-Cu-Co-PGM) High quality Ni-Cu-PGE assets in the World-class Sudbury Mining District.
Listed in 2021, the Company is focused on advancing the West Graham – Crean Hill deposits towards an open pit development decision. In addition, SPC controls the Muskox Project, one of the last large camp scale nickel opportunities in North America.
As of February 28, 2023, the Company’s ownership is 7% and Transition Metals maintains a greater than 20% of the voting rights on the SPC Board.
Canadian Gold Mines
Controls one of the largest land positions in the prolific Kirkland Lake Mining Camp, Ontario covering then near entirety (25 km long) of the Lincoln Nipissing Shear, one of two deep rooted gold controlling structures identified in the camp. CGM has identified two exploration stage target areas along this structure that have potential to host large scale gold deposits. CGM is working towards a public listing with a focus on these assets in 2023.
As of February 28, 2023, the Company’s ownership is 20.34%