Gwen Preston is the Resource Maven. Years as a mining journalist gave her a deep base of knowledge and a broad network of contacts in the resource sector. She understands which projects and pieces of news matter. She knows how the metals markets work, alone and within the global economy, and how to profit from commodity cycles.
A passionate geo-enthusiast offering a refreshing bridge over the troubled waters of mining, academia and investment, stripping out as much geo-jargon as possible and hoping to increase accessibility in the realms of geological research.
Liam is currently writing up a PhD at the University of Brighton in the UK investigating REE enriched deposits in Southern Portugal.
- 2018 is halfway there, are miners living on a prayer?
- July pick from the ASX: Buxton Resources
- Mining in Zimbabwe: A New Era? A Look at Mining, Investment, Politics, Safety and more.
- Newfoundland in Focus: Dustin Angelo introduces the region's biggest gold producer
- Newfoundland in Focus: Underexplored and ready for business
- Novel high grade gold: Its not all rocks anymore
- What's new on the CSE this September?
Head of Mining & Portfolio Manager, Finance SA and author of ‘The Alain Review’ for MiningIR.
Alain joined FINANCE SA in July 2013 as Head of Mining and Natural Resources and portfolio manager of the Global Gold & Precious fund. From November 2008 to July 2013 he was COO of Commodities AM and portfolio manager of the same precious metal fund.