December 10th 2018, London: IronRidge Resources Limited (AIM: IRR) are pleased to provide an update of activities at the Cape Coast Lithium portfolio in Ghana, West Africa.
- 3,000m Reverse Circulation (‘RC’) exploration drilling programme commenced at the Abonko target and Ewoyaa Lithium Project (“Ewoyaa”) northern extension zone where pegmatite mineralisation remains open.
- 1,000m Diamond Drilling (‘DD’) programme planned on completion of RC drilling for density, metallurgical test-work sampling, geotechnical and RC drill hole twinning for resource estimation sign-off at Ewoyaa.
- Ongoing pitting has demonstrated additional strike extensions north and north-east of the Ewoyaa project.
- High-resolution helicopter magnetics and radiometrics geophysical survey completed over the Saltpond license.
- Raw data from geophysical survey now being processed for final deliverables to use for pegmatite exploration and targeting.
- Pitting ongoing at the Hweda target over a coincident geophysics and geochemical lithium anomaly.
- Geological mapping ongoing over the historical Egyasimanku Hill deposit (1.48Mt @ 1.66% Li2O, non-JORC compliant).
Commenting on the Company’s latest progress, Vincent Mascolo, CEO & Managing Director of IronRidge, said:
‘We are pleased with the progress of field activities at the Cape Coast Lithium portfolio. We are advancing on multiple fronts including exploration and resource drilling, implementing metallurgical sampling and test-work programmes, and advancing regional exploration programmes.
Ongoing pitting has confirmed significant strike extensions at Ewoyaa which has the potential to deliver additional pegmatite volumes and will be drill tested as part of this programme. Drilling is currently underway to test the Abonko target and strike extensions at the Ewoyaa project. The airborne geophysical survey just completed will dovetail into our existing datasets and provide an additional layer to assist in regional exploration.’
This is a summary of IronRidge’s formal announcement, made at 9am GMT on 10th December 2018. Please click here to view the announcement in full. Responsibility for the data within remains with IronRidge Resources as published in their release.
MiningIR host a variety of articles from a range of sources, our content, while interesting, should not be considered as formal financial advice. Always seek professional guidance and consult a range of sources before investing.