Toronto based Barkerville Gold Mines has announced positive drill results from their exploration and category conversion program at their flagship Cariboo Gold Project in central British Columbia.
A total of 20,000 meters in 47 holes were drilled at Shaft Zone and Mosquito Creek on Island Mountain in 2019. The program focused on infill drilling modelled vein corridors and conducting exploration along strike and down dip of existing vein corridors to determine the depth extent of the mineralization.
Barkerville’s share price jumped over 9% to hit 0.41 CAD on the news.
Drilling highlights include:
• IM-19-029: 14.91 g/t Au over 4.40 meters including 55.9 g/t Au over 0.80 meters
• IM-19-032: 31.8 g/t Au over 1.20 meters
• IM-19-036: 46.8 g/t Au over 0.65 meters
• IM-19-039: 61.8 g/t Au over 0.5 meters
• IM-19-039: 53.3 g/t Au over 0.5meters
• IM-19-039: 27.23 g/t Au over 2.15 meters
• IM-19-040: 8.94 g/t Au over 6.20 meters
• IM-19-040: 21.18 g/t Au over 3.20 meters including 54.1 g/t Au over 0.90 meters
• IM-19-040: 7.31 g/t Au over 7.85 meters including 68.5 g/t Au over 0.5meters
• IM-19-043: 45.94 g/t Au over 5.20 meters including 399 g/t Au over 0.5meters
• IM-19-045: 7.75 g/t Au over 6.50 meters including 40.4 g/t Au over 0.70 meters
• IM-19-047: 45.5 g/t Au over 0.65 meters
About Barkerville Gold Mines Ltd.
The Company is focused on developing its extensive mineral rights package located in the historical Cariboo Mining District of central British Columbia. Barkerville’s Cariboo Gold Project mineral tenures cover 2,039 square kilometres; along a strike length of 67 kilometres which includes several past producing placer and hard rock mines, making it one of the most well-endowed land packages in British Columbia.