The Dig Deep mining podcast is produced by Rob Tyson, an experienced mining recruiter/head-hunter with over 10 years in the mining industry. Rob’s mission for his podcast is to discuss, educate and talk about mining industry news and hot topics.
In this issue, Rob is in conversation with Gerard Wood, Managing Director of Bluefield Asset Management Specialists and author of Simplifying Mining Maintenance, about the varied services that Bluefield offer, and how they contribute to the mining industry by focussing on efficiency, reliability and cost effectiveness.
- Gerard began in the mining industry in his teens as a tradesman on the shop floor, working his way up and studying. By applying himself from the beginning, Gerard obtained a practical experience of the entire process, an education that has stood him in good stead as managing director of Bluefield Asset Management Specialists.
- Bluefield differentiate themselves from their competitors by focussing not on themselves as a single company, but by applying their technologies and practices to the mining industry as a whole so as to further the industry’s advancement.
- Bluefield handles fleet maintenance for a variety of business types, from larger corporations through to smaller companies, and each relationship is built upon the same foundations of trust and excellence. Bluefield nurture each business relationship in the same way, providing excellent service and impeccable expertise across the board.
- Gerard sees the future of Bluefield Asset Management Specialists in worldwide growth. North America, South America and Asia are potential markets that the company wishes to explore. Most importantly, Gerard wants to focus on adding value to his clients’ operations.
- By identifying common issues in mining maintenance, Gerard decided to pour his vast experience into the writing of a book that he hopes will aid the industry on a much larger scale.
ABOUT THE HOST
Rob Tyson is an established recruiter in the mining and quarrying sector and decided to produce the “Dig Deep” The Mining Podcast to provide valuable and informative content around the mining industry. He has a passion and desire to promote the industry and the podcast aims to offer the mining community an insight to peoples experiences and careers covering any mining discipline, giving the listeners helpful advice and guidance on industry topics.
Rob is the Founder and Director of Mining International Ltd, a leading global recruitment and headhunting consultancy based in the UK specialising in all areas of mining across the globe from first world to third world countries from Africa, Europe, Middle East, Asia and Australia. We source, headhunt and discover new and top talent talent through a targeted approach and search methodology and have a proven track record in sourcing and positioning exceptional candidates into our clients organisation in any mining discipline or level. Mining International provides a transparent, informative and trusted consultancy service to our candidates and clients to help them develop their careers and business goals and objectives in this ever-changing marketplace.