Things are hotting up along the Cadillac-Larder Lake Break in the Abitibi greenstone belt of northern Ontario and Quebec as Vancvouver’s Prosoer Gold commences drilling on their Matachewan Project.
- Large prospective area (3,860 hectares) of mineral and patent claims covering 15km of the prolific Cadillac-Larder Lake Break (CLLB).
- First time this large section of the CLLB has been amalgamated.
- Claim block is between 3 and 16 km east of Alamos Gold’s Young Davidson Mine along the CLLB.
- Young-Davidson gold occurs in syenite: a number of syenite bodies are known on the claims.
- Two styles of gold targets: high grade gold veins and bulk gold in syenite.
- Favourable location and geology, including the discovery of Matachewan Consolidated and the Young Davidson mines, have driven exploration here.
Commenting on these developments, Prosper Gold CEO Peter Bernier said “The Project is in one of Canada’s richest gold camps and has not seen adequate modern exploration in decades. We eagerly await results from our Phase 1 drill program from this substantial land parcel along the Cadillac Larder Lake Break.”
The Middleton Target will form the focus of the initial drilling efforts, with attention turning to the Matach target at a later date.
Is near Middleton Lake, in the northeast part of the claim block, is prospective for syenite-hosted gold mineralization along syenite-basalt contacts. It adjoins the CLLB on its north side. 4 diamond drill holes and 15 percussion holes were drilled here between 1964 and 1997. All four diamond drill holes intersected long intervals of highly anomalous gold with coincident copper mineralization. For example C91-2 intersected 99m of 0.70 g/t Au & 0.20% Cu from 20.5m to 119.5m in syenite. WK-4 (1997) intersected 43.5m of 0.91 g/t Au & 0.15% Cu including 15m of 1.74 g/t Au & 0.24% Cu between 215m to 258.5m in syenite. The 15 percussion holes, completed in 1975, intersected syenite with disseminated chalcopyrite and pyrite over a 600m by 200m area. Gold and copper assay results for these holes are not available.
The second target, a 2 km stretch between Webb Lake and northeast of Moyneur Lake, is a zone of sheared altered metasedimentary rocks intruded by small syenite bodies. It includes historic drilling near Webb Lake and RC drill results from Pamour. Appreciable thicknesses of low-grade gold mineralization were intersected in Minorex drilling near Webb Lake. RC drill results from Pamour drilling suggest higher-grade gold mineralization. Six shallow overburden holes above the Cobalt Group northeast of Moyneur Lake returned between 0.96 and 24.6 g/t Au.
Find out more at https://www.prospergoldcorp.com/