“We have the team and ability to execute our growth strategy of building a fully integrated graphite and graphene production company”
- • 3,000 tpa primary flake graphite capacity commissioned at Sahamamy Project, Madagascar
- • Second module of 18,000 tpa in Sahamamy targeted for Q32020
- • High quality flake-graphite being produced at 85% recovery rate, one of the highest in the industry
- • Project close to port of Toamasina with good infrastructure connections to international export markets in Europe, North America and Asia
- • Additional 6,000 tpa primary flake-graphite capacity at Vatomina project substantially advanced with commissioning targeted early Q3 2019
- • SRK Consultants commissioned for an updated joint CPR for both primary flake-graphitemining and processing projects in Madagascar
- • Orders from benchmark buyers in various user segments secured for the first production, well on way to secure markets for the 9,000 tpa capacity
Tirupati Graphite plc, the flake-graphite company with primary mining and processing projects in Madagascar and downstream processing projects in India, is pleased to announce commissioning of a 3,000 tpa plant at the Sahamamy Project, the first of six planned flake- graphite production plant modules to be built in Madagascar. This is a major milestone in the Company’s development as it rolls out first production and looks to build its operations to an integrated graphite mining, production and processing company.
Sahamamy, which has a c.8 km2 mining permit area issued for 40 years and a current JORC resource of c. 13 million tons and additionally resource potential exceeding 15 million tons, is located near the Toamasina port of Madagascar providing excellent routes to market. The Project, which was acquired in January 2018, has a flake-graphite production target of 21,000 tpa capacity; the initial module of 3,000 tpa and a second 18,000 tpa production. Development for the 3,000 tpa module commenced early Q3 2018 with commissioning in February/March. Production is now being ramped up and progressing to rated capacity output. The second 18,000 tpa module is planned for Q3 2020.
Find out more about Tirupati Graphite on their website and follow them on Twitter @Tirupatiuk
Watch our interview with Shishir Poddar, MD and Exec Chairman of Tirupati Graphite from Mines and Money London.