The Dig Deep mining podcast is produced by Rob Tyson, an experienced mining recruiter/head-hunter with over 10 years in the mining industry. Rob’s mission for his podcast is to discuss, educate and talk about mining industry news and hot topics.
‘Too many start-ups try to focus on too many disciplines at once’
In this issue, Rob is in conversation with Malcolm Patterson, CEO & Director of Greengold Engineering, to talk about his mineral project development and production company based in Indonesia, who specialise in developing innovative technologies to reduce costs and improve recovery in the processing of minerals.
Malcolm gives his invaluable insights into the new technologies he is developing for his many clients, along with how they can add value and save capital with their processing facilities.
- Malcom and Greengold are hoping to change their name and image soon, from Greengold Engineering to Greengold Technology. This is being done to ensure that people know that their true focus is on mining technology going forward.
- Greengold covers many disciplines and can take a project through from exploration to production. Exploration, drilling, geology, mining, processing and engineering are just some of the areas in which Greengold specialise.
- Greengold focus only on gold, silver and copper. This narrow focus has allowed Greengold to develop highly acute technologies across many disciplines, instead of spreading themselves far too thin.
- By working with suppliers closely, Greengold has managed to shorten the process quite often when it comes to developing a project.
- Developing on an international basis is crucial to Greengold’s plans. By taking the best of one country’s resources and transplanting them to different areas of the globe, Greengold is establishing itself as an efficient and knowledgeable player in mining.
- The integration of geology and process is of the utmost importance. By providing a complete end-to-end process for their clients, and by specialising in just a few areas, Greengold have marked out their unique appeal.
- Greengold believes that mining companies should be more self-supporting than they currently are. Whether they are drilling or mining, companies can always benefit by bringing their operation in-house. It saves a huge amount of money, and can lead to a wider field of expertise.
ABOUT THE HOST
Rob Tyson is an established recruiter in the mining and quarrying sector and decided to produce the “Dig Deep” The Mining Podcast to provide valuable and informative content around the mining industry. He has a passion and desire to promote the industry and the podcast aims to offer the mining community insight to people’s experiences and careers covering any mining discipline, giving the listeners helpful advice and guidance on industry topics.
Rob is the Founder and Director of Mining International Ltd, a leading global recruitment and headhunting consultancy based in the UK specialising in all areas of mining across the globe from the first world to third world countries from Africa, Europe, Middle East, Asia and Australia. We source, headhunt and discover new and top talent through a targeted approach and search methodology and have a proven track record in sourcing and positioning exceptional candidates into our clients’ organisation in any mining discipline or level. Mining International provides a transparent, informative and trusted consultancy service to our candidates and clients to help them develop their careers and business goals and objectives in this ever-changing marketplace.
Email Rob at email@example.com
- Mining International Official Website
- Mining International’s Twitter
- Mining International’s Facebook